New Day Christian Centre
“What We Believe”
“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary. And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weary.”
“Statement of Faith”
We believe that the Holy Bible is the Word of God, supernaturally inspired and infallible, so that it is inerrant in the original manuscripts and preserved by God in its verbal, prenary inspiration, and that it is a divinely authoritative standard for every age of history and life.
We believe that the Godhead exist eternally in three persons… God the Farther, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit…and that these three persons are one God in unity. We believe in God as the absolute sole creator of the universe, and that creation was by divine fiat, not through evolutionary process. We believe that God, by his sovereign choice and out of love for men, sent the Lord Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners. We believe that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man, that He was born of a virgin, and the He lived a sinless life, in which He taught and wrought mighty works, wonders, signs and deeds exactly as revealed in the four Gospels, that He was crucified, that His death was both vicarious and atoning, and that He was resurrected from the dead bodily on the third day after his death. Later He ascended to the Heavenly Father’s right hand where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers, and from when He is coming again personally, bodily and visibly to this earth to rule in power and glory for a thousand years.
We believe that with His death and by His shed blood, the Lord Jesus Christ made a perfect atonement for sin and death, redeeming us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for man…and by this act man is saved and justified on the simple and single ground of faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We believe that such salvation with its forgiveness of sins, its impartation of a new nature and its hope of eternal life, is entirely apart from good works, baptism, church membership or man’s efforts and its pure grace from God. We believe that the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross also provided for the healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
We believe that salvation is a personal experience, and the means whereby repentance from sins sets the course for regeneration by the Hoy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, is God and posses all of the divine attributes of God. We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as separate from salvation, and that it is given to believers who ask and pray for it. We believe that all Spiritual Gifts mentioned in the New Testament are operative in the church today, and that God chooses to manifest these gifts through His church by the Holy Spirit.
We believe that all who receive Jesus Christ become joint-heirs with Him; at death their spirits depart to be with Him in conscious blessedness; and at the catching away their bodies will be raised to the likeness of the body of His glory and dwell forever in divine presence. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
We believe in Water Baptism as one of the holy sacraments, not as ritual or ceremony, but as a public and outward expression of an inward change and commitment of the believer’s faith. We believe in Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper as the second of the holy sacraments, not as a ritual or ceremony, but as the believer’s referential remembrance of what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for mankind.
“Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in the earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three are one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself; he that believeth not God hath made him a liar, because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that has the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you to believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and the ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
(1st. John 55-13 AKJV)
“Statement OF Foundation”
This body of believers is founded and preserved through the ability of its leadership to be led and guided by the Heavenly Father and the Son through the person of the Holy Spirit.
“And Jesus answered and said unto him, ‘Blessed are thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father in heaven. And I say also unto thee, that thou are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shall loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
(Matthew 17:17-19 AKJV)
“Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and sojourners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner at one, in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord; in whom ye also are built together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.”
(Ephesians 2:19-22 AKJV)
“And He have some apostles, some prophets, and some evangelists, and some, pastors and teachers for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come in the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ….”
(Ephesians 4:11-12 AKJV)
“Statement of Mission”
- This body of believers is committed to the total restoration of the individual, the family and the church.
- “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion. To give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.”
(Isaiah 61:1-3 AKJV)
- “Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye who are spiritual restore such an one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
(Galatians 6:1-2 AKJV)
- This body of believers is committed to the preparation of the individual Christian, the family and the church so as to enable each to fulfill the function, the call and the mission in life which God has so destined them.
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it.”
(Proverbs 22:6 AKJV)
- “Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Children, obey your parents in all things; for this is well-pleasing unto the Lord. Fathers, provoke not your children to anger; lest, they be discouraged.”
(Colosians 3:18-21 AKJV)
- “These things command and teach. Let no man despise thy youth, but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.”
(1st Timothy 4:11-13 AKJV)
- “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you;and,lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age. Amen.”
(Matthew 28:19-20 AKJV)
- Thus settled and establish as it is written:
- “Let all things be done decently and in order.”
(1st Corinthians 14:40 AKJV)