Head Porter ~ Bryan K. Leleux
The porter ministry is a ministry of servanthood. The role of the porter ministry at New Day is to assist our leadership and all that walk through our doors for each service. We use this ministry as an outreach program to greet everyone and show our love to all the Lord sends to His house. We are there to fulfill any need that may arise.
To be able to prepare the house of the Lord for any given event, each porter must also prepare themselves by completely giving their thoughts and heart to all of the needs that day. It requires a shift in the attitude of thinking of everyone else’s needs only.
Five Attitudes of Real Servants to God
- Self-forgetful, always taking care of others.
- Think like stewards, not owners. Servanthood and stewardship go together since God expects us to be trustworthy in both.
- Think only of your responsibilities. Do not compare, criticize or compete with other servants.
- Base your identity in Christ. Remember you are loved unconditionally and accepted by grace. You do not have to prove your worth.
- Think of the porter ministry as an opportunity and not an obligation. Real servants enjoy helping others, meeting their needs and serving the Lord.
It is a high honor to be a porter of the Lord. We truly strive to serve our leadership and all others the very best way possible for the love of His kingdom.
(Philippians 2:14-16) ” Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as light in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”